Administrative Assistant (USA)
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Starting Date: February 1, 2021
Contract: 6-month contract with intent to hire
Hours per week: 32 or 40 hours a week (4 or 5 days/week)
Location: Burnsville, MN
Status Plus is an international association & event management company and provider for outsourcing services. Since 1992, we have been focusing on providing high-end management services to a select range of clients. We have a vast experience and impeccable ethics in managing (inter)national associations and a proven global track record in the successful planning and execution of numerous conferences, symposia, meetings and events around the world. We are looking for candidates to fill an administrative role to support our clients.
As the Administrative Assistant you will be filling a broad range of committee and project support services for our professional healthcare associations as well as general office administrative responsibilities. You will work closely with and under the supervision of our association managers, where you will handle the day-to-day communications of our clients while maintaining compliance with applicable policies and regulations. You keep and maintain positive working relationships with all officers, directors, committees, special interest groups and other stakeholders as well as with your colleagues of course. You will also maintain a high degree of member satisfaction & retention through consistent delivery of high-quality administrative and supporting services. You have an organized approach, you have good communication skills and personable phone manners, and show great planning skills.
General Administrative Support
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner, and direct phone inquiries to the appropriate team members.
- Reply to general information requests (mail, email or phone) with the accurate information.
- Provide positive experiences for (potential) partners, clients and team members by being courteous and accommodating in person, over the phone and through written correspondence.
- Provide administrative support, compile reports and documents, assist with mailings (prepare, distribute, process), receive and distribute all incoming mail, prepare information packets, collect/pack meeting materials, including courier services.
- Archiving materials, keeping track of inventory.
- Use Microsoft Office and other software to prepare schedules, reports, applications, presentations, memos, and other documents.
- Provide support for committees and educational programs, including on-site for conferences.
- Make requested changes on websites using Content Management Systems.
- Order office and program supplies.
- File material according to the established procedures.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other team members.
- Always ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the office.
- Stock and clean the conference and break room.
Membership/Meeting Registration Administration
- Establishes and maintains the accuracy of the membership and conference/event database records for assigned associations; including but not limited to entering client data; processing conference registrations and merchandise orders; assisting with membership dues and renewals, and process/register payments/refunds for conferences and memberships, register unpaid balances, generating reports, and assisting with audits as needed per client.
- Support Client conferences and events including preparation of name badges, rosters, and other materials, schedule and coordinate related shipments, pack and ship materials, receive shipment upon return and manage inventory.
- Respond to all inquiries related to membership applications/renewals and meeting registrations.
- Prepare correspondence and information/welcome packets for members and distribute.
- Associate Degree in an administrative program or equivalent level of education and/or experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience required.
- Experience in non-profit associations preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Outlook products
- Experience with Content Management Systems preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Customer service oriented friendly and welcoming with a smile – even during the busiest of times; handles multiple tasks during those busy times.
- Confident communicator.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Organized, reliable, accountable and thorough – only the best will do.
- Independent worker and self-starter – ability to see what needs to be done and does it.
- Willingness to travel 1-3 times a year.
Status Plus offers a friendly working environment, where qualified full-time employees enjoy the following benefits: Health Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, PTO and 401k.
Status Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Contact information and Applications
For more information please contact Jose Benitez, phone (952) 683-1878, email email@example.com .
Applicants should send a cover letter indicating why they are ideally qualified for the position, and a full CV. Applications should be sent via email to Jose Benitez, firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the course of the selection process.