Association Services Coordinator
Job title: Association Services Coordinator
Starting Date: April 1, 2021
Hours per week: 40 hours a week (fulltime)
Location: Burnsville, MN
Status Plus, with offices in Burnsville MN, USA and Wormerveer (Zaanstad), The Netherlands, is an Association Management Company. Since 1992, we have been providing high-end management services to professional medical associations, membership societies and foundations, and we have built a solid track record of organizing and planning both national and international conferences, meetings and events around the world. We are looking for an Association Services Coordinator to expand our team in the USA.
As an Association Services Coordinator, you will assist with day-to-day operations of both national (US-based) and international professional medical associations. You will actively support and interface daily with (executive) management, association leadership (Board of Directors) and committees to provide continuous support, including the planning of their meetings, attending and recording the proceedings of their meetings, and ensuring that decisions and actions are being implemented and followed up. You will also be directly and indirectly supporting the associations’ educational programs, including webinars, symposia, conferences, and other activities, both remotely as well as on site. You will maintain a high degree of client and member satisfaction & retention through consistent delivery of high-quality services. You will work under the direct supervision of our association managers.
General Administrative Support
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner, and direct phone inquiries to the appropriate team members.
- Reply to general information requests (mail, email or phone) with the accurate information.
- Work closely with and within Executive Committees, Boards, Standing and Ad Hoc Committees, Special Interest Groups, Members, Related Organizations, Affiliates, and suppliers and take care of related daily communications.
- Coordinate all requirements for Executive Committee, Board, Committee, Sponsor and Project meetings and provide on-site support.
- Prepare and coordinate the Associations General Assemblies (Business Meetings).
- Record proceedings of all meetings (minutes), register decisions and actions of meetings, distribute minutes and action lists and ensure appropriate follow up.
- Coordinate and support appointment, renewal and end-of-term communications to leaders and members.
- Support the maintenance of corporate records and files.
- Coordinate procedures related to special projects, awards, prizes and grants.
- Review and verify expenses, verify invoices and coordinate payments of invoices.
- Ensure that the databases for membership and meeting registration are kept up to date and accurate.
- Assist to engage and energize the associations’ board members, committees, members, partnering organizations and funders.
- Maintain and improve communications, from web presence to promotional activities and external relations.
- Provide positive experiences for (potential) partners by being courteous and accommodating in person, over the phone and through written correspondence.
- Prepare presentations, reports, appeals, newsletters and other special mailings.
Your qualifications, education & experience, skills and strengths
The ideal candidate for this position:
- has a relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- has at least 2 years of relevant working experience, preferably within the field of professional (medical) non-profit associations.
- is organized and able to multitask and pays attention to detail.
- is highly proficient in English.
- has experience working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- has experience working with website management systems (CMS, Joomla/WordPress).
- has excellent verbal and written communications skills and well-developed interpersonal communication skills.
- has the ability to work well in both functional and cross-functional team environments.
- has the ability to work independently toward execution of projects initiated under direction of committee, other leadership teams and/or association manager(s).
- has the ability to maintain organized paperwork, files, records, and originate routine correspondence in response to inquiries.
- is willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- feels comfortable in changing international environment.
If you join our team, you’ll become a part of our mission to creating a healthier world and having the ability to make a true impact. You’ll get the chance to rapidly learn, progress and develop your skills in a unique international working environment. Status Plus offers a friendly working environment, where qualified full-time employees enjoy the following benefits: Health Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, PTO and 401k.
Status Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Contact information and Applications
For more information please contact Jose Benitez, phone (952) 683-1878, email email@example.com .
Applicants should send a cover letter indicating why they are ideally qualified for the position, and a full CV. Applications should be sent via email to Jose Benitez, firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the course of the selection process.