Project & Event Coordinator
Job title: Project & Event Coordinator
Starting Date: 1 April 2020
Hours per week: 40 (fulltime)
Location: Wormerveer, Zaanstad, the Netherlands
Status Plus, with offices in Wormerveer (Zaanstad), The Netherlands and Minnesota, USA, is an international association & event management company. For over 25 years, we have been providing high-end management services to a select range of medical non-profit associations and over the years, we have built a proven global track record in the successful planning and execution of numerous conferences, symposia, meetings and events around the world.
As the Project & Event Coordinator, you enjoy working on diverse projects in an international environment and you strive to provide excellence in service and support to several of our association clients and their leaders, committees and members. In this highly visible position, you operate under the supervision of experienced Association and Event Managers while working directly with committees to support the development and implementation of their programs and projects. You are responsible for coordinating project and event related tasks and communications, both online as well as offline, and you contribute to a variety of aspects of meeting planning including (but not limited to) logistical support, supplier coordination, scientific program development, faculty invitations, and onsite coordination.
You have excellent organization, planning and communication skills. You have the ability to work on diverse projects with varying deadlines while keeping and maintaining positive working relationships with all officers, directors, committee chairs, members as well as with your colleagues. You have a demonstrated history of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and the ability to prioritize a heavy workload. You can manage projects and people resources to meet objectives and you enjoy doing work that supports others’ goals. You have a demonstrated ability to appropriately read various audiences and tailor communication as necessary. You are available and willing to travel domestically as well as internationally and you are highly proficient in English and Dutch. You preferably have association or non-profit experience or are interested in this field.
General & Project Coordination
- Provide project coordination & administrative assistance to association leaders, committees and members as well as to management and staff.
- Serve as primary liaison for assigned association committees, attend committee/project meetings (in person or remotely), take meeting minutes and set up action lists.
- Coordinate tasks and support project development processes in committees.
- Develop specific project tasks, timelines and define resources and milestones.
- Assist with implementation of project plans and coordinate execution of such plans.
- Efficiently track, coordinate, and communicate evolving project timelines.
- Effectively communicate with team and clients including committee chairs/members and other stakeholders
- Support clients, management and/or project teams with travel and logistics management.
- Support development of project reports and briefings.
- Implement and coordinate project plans to ensure that deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Coordinate with venue and vendor contacts on facility specs, food & beverage orders, audiovisual requirements and internet/electricity orders, furniture, security, etc.
- Coordinate event marketing communications: work with graphic design and marketing leads to support meeting planners in the creation of event materials and communications used on-site or for email, web, and print distribution.
- Coordinate registration procedures and work with the online registration system to verify registrations and process changes in records where needed.
- Monitor room pick-up reports and room blocks, coordinate hotel reservations for invited guests (VIP amenities and complimentary rooms) and ensure attendees can book hotel rooms directly at the hotel and/or through using online hotel reservation systems.
- Serve as a liaison to the Scientific Program Committee: confirm speakers and moderators and arrange speakers’ AV requirements
- Coordinate the abstract submission process, monitor submissions, generate and distribute reports from system, coordinate author communications and support finalization process.
- Travel to and coordinate on-site operations of assigned events, assist event manager in overseeing registration, temporary personnel, food and beverage, audio visual, decorator and freight management, signage placement, and client requests.
Your qualifications, education & experience, skills and strengths
- Relevant bachelor’s degree (HBO or WO).
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Highly proficient in Dutch and English.
- Excellent organizing and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
- Ability to identify priorities while adapting to constant changes and demands.
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, pride in work product.
- Experience (or interest) in non-profit sector preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and online event/database systems.
- Experience with CMS (content management systems) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in both functional and cross-functional team environments.
- Ability to work independently toward execution of projects initiated under direction of committee or other leadership teams.
- Ability to maintain organized paperwork, files, records, and originate routine correspondence in response to inquiries.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Comfortable in changing international environment.
For more information about our company, please visit our website www.statusplus.com. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Mr. Oscar Rangel, Director of Operations, by phone 075-6476364 or by e-mail email@example.com.
If this vacancy has caught your attention, please send your application letter, indicating why you are ideally qualified for this position, and your full CV by e-mail to Mr. Oscar Rangel, firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates who have applied will be contacted in the course of the selection process.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.