Administrative Assistant III
Job title: Administrative Assistant III
Starting Date: May 2022
Salary range: $35,000 – $50,000 annually
Hours per week: 32 or 40 hours a week (4 or 5 days/week)
Location: Burnsville, MN
Who we are…
We make global connections for a healthier world! We are Status Plus, an international Association Management Company (AMC) with offices in the US and Europe. Since 1992, we have been focusing on providing high-end management services to professional non-profit medical and health care organizations. We have a proven track record of organizing numerous successful scientific and educational meetings, events, conferences, and symposia around the globe, both in-person as well as virtually.
Together with our clients we are committed to improve access to affordable and high-quality health care around the world. We do that by facilitating and supporting professional networks of health care experts around the globe who are focused on exchanging knowledge, skills, and expertise in a variety of health care disciplines. Our impeccable ethics combined with our high level of diverse expertise allow us to meet all our clients’ needs and ensure that their success will always be our primary objective.
We are looking for diverse, talented team members who want to join us in our mission and want to contribute their unique qualities to help shape the future.
As the Administrative Assistant III, you will be filling a broad range of support services for our professional non-profit medical and health care organizations. Services include but are not limited to member support services including application and renewal processes and related reporting, event support services including registration processing/tracking and reporting as well as onsite/live support both at in-person and virtual meetings, committee supporting services including scheduling (doodles), minuting and action tracking, and more general secretarial and office administrative responsibilities including bookkeeping support both for our association clients as well as for the company. You will work closely with and under the supervision of our coordinator administrative and financial services and our association & event managers, where you will support them with handling the day-to-day communications of our clients while maintaining compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
You keep and maintain positive working relationships with all officers, directors, committees, special interest groups and other stakeholders as well as with your colleagues of course. You will also maintain a high degree of member satisfaction & retention through consistent delivery of high-quality administrative and supporting services. You have an organized approach, you have good communication skills and personable phone manners, and show great planning skills.
What you’ll do…
General Administrative Support
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner, and direct phone inquiries to the appropriate team members.
- Reply to general information requests (mail, email or phone) with the accurate information.
- Provide positive experiences for (potential) partners, clients and team members by being courteous and accommodating in person, over the phone and through written correspondence.
- Work closely with and within Executive Committees, Boards, Standing and Ad Hoc Committees, Special Interest Groups, Members, Related Organizations, Affiliates, and suppliers and take care of related daily communications.
- Coordinate all requirements for Executive Committee, Board, Committee, Sponsor and Project meetings and provide on-site support.
- Prepare and coordinate the Associations General Assemblies (Business Meetings).
- Support our associations’ events team onsite both with in-person and virtual meetings by providing general secretarial and other event supporting services as requested.
- Attend meetings/calls both during workdays and sometimes during evenings/weekends, record proceedings of all meetings (minutes), register decisions and actions of meetings, distribute minutes and action lists and ensure appropriate follow up.
- Coordinate and support appointment, renewal and end-of-term communications to leaders and members.
- Support the maintenance of corporate records and files.
- Coordinate procedures related to special projects, awards, prizes and grants.
- Review and verify expenses, verify invoices and coordinate payments of invoices.
- Ensure that the databases for membership and meeting registration are kept up to date and accurate.
- Provide administrative support, compile reports and documents, assist with mailings (prepare, distribute, process), receive and distribute all incoming mail, prepare information packets, collect/pack meeting materials, including courier services.
- Archiving materials, keeping track of inventory.
- Use Microsoft Office and other software to prepare schedules, reports, applications, presentations, memos, and other documents.
- Provide support for committees and educational programs, including on-site for conferences.
- Make requested changes on websites using Content Management Systems.
- Order office and program supplies.
- File material according to the established procedures.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other team members.
This job description is not exhaustive so you will be expected to carry out additional duties and tasks as assigned.
What you bring to us…
- You have a bachelor’s degree in an administrative program or equivalent level of education. Proven relevant experience may substitute for education requirement.
- You have a minimum 2 years of related experience required.
- You have experience in working with/for non-profit (health care) associations (preferred).
- You have strong computer skills and are proficient with Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
- You are organized and able to multitask and pay attention to detail.
- You have the ability to work independently toward execution of projects initiated under direction of committee, other leadership teams and/or association manager(s).
- You preferably have experience with Content Management Systems (Joomla/WordPress).
- You are customer service oriented, friendly and welcoming with a smile – even during the busiest of times.
- You are a confident communicator who can handle multiple tasks even during busy times.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills and well-developed interpersonal communication skills.
- You are organized, accurate and precise, reliable, accountable and thorough – only the best will do.
- You are an independent worker and self-starter with the ability to see what needs to be done and do it.
- You are willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- You feel comfortable in changing international environment.
In return, we offer you…
Freedom to grow, a friendly and open working environment, a caring and diverse international culture, and other benefits supporting a happier and healthier you which include Health Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, PTO, 401k and a vitality budget.
Status Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Yes, we are looking for you!
Don’t hesitate any longer and come on board! Send us an email with your motivation letter indicating why you are the ideal candidate for this position and don’t forget to include your CV. Address your application to Jose Benitez and send it -or any query you may have- to email@example.com. Of course, you will always get a speedy reply from us and if you’re shortlisted then we will further contact you during the selection process as well.