Job title: Administrative Assistant
Starting Date: November 2021
Salary range: $25,000 – $35,000 annually
Hours per week: 32 or 40 hours a week (4 or 5 days/week)
Location: Burnsville, MN, USA
Who we are…
We make global connections for a healthier world! We are Status Plus, an international Association Management Company (AMC) with offices in the US and Europe. Since 1992, we have been focusing on providing high-end management services to professional non-profit medical and health care organizations. We have a proven track record of organizing numerous successful scientific and educational meetings, events, conferences, and symposia around the globe, both in-person as well as virtually.
Together with our clients we are committed to improve access to affordable and high-quality health care around the world. We do that by facilitating and supporting professional networks of health care experts around the globe who are focused on exchanging knowledge, skills, and expertise in a variety of health care disciplines. Our impeccable ethics combined with our high level of diverse expertise allow us to meet all our clients’ needs and ensure that their success will always be our primary objective.
We are looking for diverse, talented team members who want to join us in our mission and want to contribute their unique qualities to help shape the future.
As the Administrative Assistant you will be filling a broad range of administrative and financial support services for our professional non-profit medical and health care organizations as well as general office administrative responsibilities. You will work closely with and under the supervision of our coordinator administrative and financial services and our association managers, where you will handle the day-to-day communications of our clients while maintaining compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
You keep and maintain positive working relationships with all officers, directors, committees, special interest groups and other stakeholders as well as with your colleagues of course. You will also maintain a high degree of member satisfaction & retention through consistent delivery of high-quality administrative and supporting services. You have an organized approach, you have good communication skills and personable phone manners, and show great planning skills.
What you’ll do…
General Administrative Support
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner, and direct phone inquiries to the appropriate team members.
- Reply to general information requests (mail, email or phone) with the accurate information.
- Provide positive experiences for (potential) partners, clients and team members by being courteous and accommodating in person, over the phone and through written correspondence.
- Provide administrative support, compile reports and documents, assist with mailings (prepare, distribute, process), receive and distribute all incoming mail, prepare information packets, collect/pack meeting materials, including courier services.
- Archiving materials, keeping track of inventory.
- Use Microsoft Office and other software to prepare schedules, reports, applications, presentations, memos, and other documents.
- Provide support for committees and educational programs, including on-site for conferences.
- Make requested changes on websites using Content Management Systems.
- Order office and program supplies.
- File material according to the established procedures.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other team members.
- Always ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the office.
- Stock and clean the conference and break room.
Membership/Meeting Registration Administration
- Establishes and maintains the accuracy of the membership and conference/event database records for assigned associations; including but not limited to entering client data; processing conference registrations and merchandise orders; assisting with membership dues and renewals, and process/register payments/refunds for conferences and memberships, register unpaid balances, generating reports, and assisting with audits as needed per client.
- Support Client conferences and events including preparation of name badges, rosters, and other materials, schedule and coordinate related shipments, pack and ship materials, receive shipment upon return and manage inventory.
- Respond to all inquiries related to membership applications/renewals and meeting registrations.
- Prepare correspondence and information/welcome packets for members and distribute.
- Sets up and maintains vendors in QuickBooks
- Maintains and posts to the general ledger in QuickBooks
- Prepares checks in QuickBooks
- Mails checks to vendors
- Maintains accounts receivable and accounts payable records in QuickBooks
What you bring to us…
- You have an Associate Degree in an administrative program or equivalent level of education. Proven relevant experience may substitute for education requirement.
- You have a minimum 2 years of related experience required.
- You have experience in non-profit (health care) associations preferred.
- You have strong computer skills and are proficient with Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
- You have experience (working) with QuickBooks or equivalent bookkeeping systems.
- You preferably have experience with Content Management Systems (Joomla/WordPress).
- You are customer service oriented, friendly and welcoming with a smile – even during the busiest of times.
- You are a confident communicator who can handle multiple tasks even during busy times.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are organized, reliable, accountable and thorough – only the best will do.
- You are an independent worker and self-starter with the ability to see what needs to be done and do it.
- You are willing and able to travel 1-3 times a year.
In return, we offer you…
Freedom to grow, a friendly and open working environment, a caring and diverse international culture, and other benefits supporting a happier and healthier you which include Health Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, PTO, 401k and a vitality budget.
Status Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Yes, we are looking for you!
Don’t hesitate any longer and come on board! Send us an email with your motivation letter indicating why you are the ideal candidate for this position and don’t forget to include your CV. Address your application to Jose Benitez and send it -or any query you may have- to email@example.com. Of course, you will always get a speedy reply from us and if you’re shortlisted then we will further contact you during the selection process as well.