Job title: Association Manager
Starting Date: September 2022
Salary range: $50,000 – $70,000 annually
Hours per week: 40 (5 days/week, Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
Location: Burnsville, MN, USA
Who we are…
We make global connections for a healthier world! We are Status Plus, an international Association Management Company (AMC) with offices in the US and Europe. Since 1992, we have been focusing on providing high-end management services to professional non-profit medical and health care organizations. We have a proven track record of organizing numerous successful scientific and educational meetings, events, conferences, and symposia around the globe, both in-person as well as virtually.
Together with our clients we are committed to improve access to affordable and high-quality health care around the world. We do that by facilitating and supporting professional networks of health care experts around the globe who are focused on exchanging knowledge, skills, and expertise in a variety of health care disciplines. Our impeccable ethics combined with our high level of diverse expertise allow us to meet all our clients’ needs and ensure that their success will always be our primary objective.
We are looking for diverse, talented team members who want to join us in our mission and want to contribute their unique qualities to help shape the future.
As the Association Manager, you are responsible for providing direction and day-to-day management to a range of professional non-profit medical and health care organizations. You oversee and coordinate their activities to ensure efficient operations within each organization’s scope and budget. You ensure compliance with all bylaws and governing documents while staying abreast of industry trends. You will be directly and indirectly supporting the associations’ programs, expansion, and execution of the missions. You adopt future-focused thinking to ensure the ongoing health and growth of each organization while being knowledgeable and active on day-to-day projects and initiatives.
You are a key point liaison for officers, directors, committee chairs and members as well as suppliers, corporate relations, and other stakeholders, while keeping and maintaining positive working relationships with all of them. You must have excellent communication and management skills with the ability to work on a diverse arrangement of projects on varying deadlines. You can keep very organized records and work both independently and collaboratively in the diverse client teams. You will also maintain a high degree of member satisfaction & retention through consistent delivery of high-quality services. You will need to develop in-dept knowledge of the fields, core programs, operations, and business plans as you work under direct supervision of the Executive Director. Experience in Association Management is required as this is a highly visible position in the organization that requires exceptional professionalism in person, through email, and over the phone.
What you’ll do…
General / Overall
- Provide strategic guidance and consultation to the associations’ officers and assist with the execution of the objectives and goals as set within the strategic plans.
- Provide direction, leadership and day-to-day management of the associations and their projects aligned with the strategic plans.
- Serve as main point of contact for associations: work closely with and manage relationships with and within Executive Committees, Boards, Standing Committees, Members, Related Organizations, (Corporate) Sponsors, Funders, and Suppliers and take care of related daily communications.
- Manage, host and support General Assemblies (Business Meetings), Executive Committee, Board, Committee, Sponsor and Project meetings (to include agenda planning meetings, producing periodic meeting agendas, supporting documents, and writing or reviewing minutes) and provide live/on-site support.
- Review financials and monitor adherence to overall association budgets as well as those for committees and programs.
- Oversee annual financial audit/review and tax return preparation by an outside accounting firm.
- Ensure tax filings and returns are submitted timely (incorporation, 990, state returns, etc.).
- Support the development and maintenance of corporate records and files.
- Assure that associations have accurate governing and legal documents.
- Develop operational guidance documents with leaders and support staff.
- Assist with agendas and oversee logistics for association meetings and conferences (annual leadership meetings, annual general members meetings, sponsor meetings, special programs).
- Review, monitor, and regularly update each organization’s annual planning calendar and tasks sheet.
- Manage procedures related to special projects, awards, prizes and grants.
- Develop and/or collect reports for leadership including but not limited to annual membership survey analyses, financial reports, committee reports, and project evaluation reports.
- Assist to engage and energize the associations’ board members, committees, members, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Together with supporting staff you work to maintain and improve communications, from web presence to promotional activities and external relations.
- Provide positive experiences for both members, stakeholders and (potential) partners by being courteous and accommodating in person, over the phone and through written correspondence.
- Support the development of and/or prepare presentations, reports, appeals, newsletters and other special communications.
What you bring to us…
- You have a relevant bachelor’s degree or a similar/higher degree.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of related experience required in either non-profits, associations, and/or public charities.
- You have proven experience in leading and managing change processes in organizations.
- You demonstrate a genuine desire to continuously improve yourself and your working environment.
- You have understanding of (or strong affinity with) the health care sector.
- You have strong computer skills and knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet-based systems including association database products and event management systems.
- You have the ability to accurately and effectively analyze data from various sources (databases, surveys), develop reports and present your analysis to leaders.
- You have experience with Content Management Systems (Joomla/WordPress preferred).
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills and well-developed interpersonal communication skills.
- You have the ability to work independently toward execution of projects initiated under direction of committee or other leadership teams.
- You work well in both functional and cross-functional team environments.
- You are very organized, have attention to detail, and the ability to multitask.
- You are comfortable in a changing international environment.
- You are willing to travel both domestically and internationally and work flexible hours.
In return, we offer you…
Opportunity for growth, a friendly and open working environment, a caring and diverse international culture, and other benefits supporting a happier and healthier you which include Health Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, PTO, 401k and a vitality budget.
Status Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Yes, we are looking for you!
Don’t hesitate any longer and come on board! Send us an email with your motivation letter indicating why you are the ideal candidate for this position and don’t forget to include your CV. Address your application to Jose Benitez and send it -or any query you may have- to email@example.com. Of course, you will always get a speedy reply from us and if you’re shortlisted then we will further contact you during the selection process as well.