Communication & Social Media Specialist
Job title: Communication & Social Media Specialist
Starting Date: May 2022
Salary range: $45,000 – $60,000 annually
Hours per week: Full Time (5 days/week, 40 hrs)
Location: Burnsville, MN, USA
Who we are…
We make global connections for a healthier world! We are Status Plus, an international Association Management Company (AMC) with offices in the US and Europe. Since 1992, we have been focusing on providing high-end management services to professional non-profit medical and health care organizations. We have a proven track record of organizing numerous successful scientific and educational meetings, events, conferences, and symposia around the globe, both in-person as well as virtually.
Together with our clients we are committed to improve access to affordable and high-quality health care around the world. We do that by facilitating and supporting professional networks of health care experts around the globe who are focused on exchanging knowledge, skills, and expertise in a variety of health care disciplines. Our impeccable ethics combined with our high level of diverse expertise allow us to meet all our clients’ needs and ensure that their success will always be our primary objective.
We are looking for diverse, talented team members who want to join us in our mission and want to contribute their unique qualities to help shape the future.
As our Communication & Social Media Specialist, you are a self-starter with the ability to think creatively and strategically with a demonstrated ability to contribute to a team environment while simultaneously working independently to achieve goals. You know how to listen, engage, and you are passionate about building communities. You can create high-visibility communications efficiently. You’re inventive, detail-oriented and can inform effectively though attractive short-form content.
In this position, you will be responsible for social media management, content planning, customer engagement, channel monitoring, community management, and market/trend research to maximize visibility and increase overall brand awareness both for Status Plus as well as for selected non-profit clients we have partnered with. You will work closely with and under the supervision of our Healthcare Content Creator in close collaboration with our association and event managers and supporting IT, Media and Design staff. You keep and maintain positive working relationships with all officers, directors, committees, special interest groups and other stakeholders as well as with your colleagues of course.
What you’ll do…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities=
- Plan, develop, write, and schedule social content across all social platforms including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter both for Status Plus as well as for a selection of our non-profit clients.
- Transform updates and content from clients and colleagues into compelling content for websites, newsletters, mailings, campaigns, and social media.
- Coordinate/collect editorial material for client e-mailings, combine/process into mailing template, facilitate distribution of e-mailings and analyze results.
- Ensure consistent and correct information is communicated across all communication channels and on all social media.
- Collaborate directly with our non-profit clients on social media content approval and ensure all guidelines are followed.
- Collaborate with internal teams on a regular basis to brainstorm ideas for new and innovative social media marketing campaigns or activities.
- Review social media analytics and report on key metrics.
- Engage daily with (potential) clients online in a professional manner.
- Build awareness and advocacy through one-on-one interactions and online communication.
- Monitor and analyze engagement on social accounts. Adjust future content based on learnings.
- Research new social media channels/platforms for future opportunities and determine how they would fit into the overall social strategy.
- Research new types of content, industry trends, and potential social media initiatives.
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
- Occasional travel for meeting with clients at conferences may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not exhaustive so you will be expected to carry out additional duties and tasks as assigned.
What you bring to us…
Qualifications and Requirements
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Marketing, or communications).
- You have at least 2 years’ experience writing digital content for an organization.
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in social media content creation for an organization.
- You have strong knowledge of and affinity/experience with LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms.
- You have the ability to write compelling social media copy and vivid website content to drive traffic.
- You have strong writing, proofing, and communication skills.
- You have experience with platform-specific strategies that start conversations and lead to engagement.
- You have experience with developing imaginative and innovative initiatives.
- You have a mobile-first approach always having the best possible user experience in mind.
- You have excellent computer skills and are proficient with Microsoft 365.
- You have experience with or familiarity with using photo/video editing and/or graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva).
- You have experience working with website management systems (CMS, Joomla/WordPress)
- You have strong creative thinking skills supported by your analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- You are detail-oriented and consistent while remaining flexible and able to shift priorities as needed.
- You can work in a culturally diverse team environment and collaborate cross-departmentally.
- You have a self-starter mentality, a “can-do” attitude, and you plan and follow through tasks to completion.
- You are willing to travel domestically and possibly internationally.
- You feel comfortable in changing international environment.
- Experience writing for a non-profit organization, particularly in healthcare.
- Experience communicating sensitive issues with dignified prose and strategy.
- Exposure to multiple cultures and backgrounds.
In return, we offer you…
Freedom to grow, a friendly and open working environment, a caring and diverse international culture, and other benefits supporting a happier and healthier you which include Health Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, PTO, 401k and a vitality budget.
Status Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Yes, we are looking for you!
Don’t hesitate any longer and come on board! Send us an email with your motivation letter indicating why you are the ideal candidate for this position and don’t forget to include your CV. Address your application to Jose Benitez and send it -or any query you may have- to firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, you will always get a speedy reply from us and if you’re shortlisted then we will further contact you during the selection process as well.