Education Event Manager
Job title: Education Event Manager
Starting Date: September 2022
Hours per week: 40 (5 days/week, Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
Location: Burnsville, MN, USA
Who we are…
We make global connections for a healthier world! We are Status Plus, an international Association Management Company (AMC) with offices in the US and Europe. Since 1992, we have been focusing on providing high-end management services to professional non-profit medical and health care organizations. We have a proven track record of organizing numerous successful scientific and educational meetings, events, conferences, and symposia around the globe, both in-person as well as virtually.
Together with our clients we are committed to improve access to affordable and high-quality health care around the world. We do that by facilitating and supporting professional networks of health care experts around the globe who are focused on exchanging knowledge, skills and expertise in a variety of health care disciplines. Our impeccable ethics combined with our high level of diverse expertise allow us to meet all our clients’ needs and ensure that their success will always be our primary objective.
We are looking for diverse, talented team members who want to join us in our mission and want to contribute their unique qualities to help shape the future.
As the Education Event Manager, you are a highly innovative, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented business professional with a strong background in event management and have a proven experience in managing scientific and education programs (CME), both in-person as well as virtually, for professional non-profit medical and health care organizations.
You are responsible for the oversight, development, and organization of the scientific and education programming of our clients’ meetings while ensuring adherence to ACCME requirements. Your many tasks include but are not limited to committee support, program development support, speaker management and communication with the faculty, abstract and workshop management, mobile & (virtual) platform management, CME regulations and content/documents, onsite program management and post-event activities.
In this position you will work directly with our clients’ program leaders, committees, and members on creating a great experience for all attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, and other stakeholders, while ensuring a successful outcome for association client’s expectation together with the Executive Director, association managers and supporting staff.
What you’ll do…
- Develop and execute a detailed master project plan outlining responsibilities and deadlines for delivering the program/event, including participating in the internal kick-off and follow up meetings.
- Assist with the development and execution of a detailed communications plan, ensuring that the program/event is clearly communicated in the various marketing deliverables ensuring maximum exposure of the program.
- Manage different aspects of live/in-person meetings working with colleagues and suppliers, including the venue and third-party vendors on logistics for the meeting including (but not limited to) room assignments and set-up, AV, internet, workshop materials, awards, etc.
- Manage different aspects of virtual (components of live) meetings working with colleagues and vendors, including the virtual platform supplier for technical set up requirements regarding delivering a high quality scientific and education program.
- Serve as liaison to the Scientific/Meeting and/or Education Program Committee and provide support with development of the Scientific Program. Manage Faculty, secure commitments of speakers and moderators, and facilitate communications to ensure all speaker and moderator information is collected and followed up upon including requirements for technical/AV support.
- Manage the abstract submission process and submission site. Develop “Call for Abstracts”, monitor submissions, ensure accurate reports are timely delivered to committee leaders, manage author communications and support committee with managing the review and finalization process.
- Manage the CME process: collect and submit all required information to CME office to obtain approval for offering CEU’s to attendees of our meetings and ensure compliance with CME regulations.
- Provide input for the registration framework related to optional registration add-ons such as workshops, educational courses, etc.
- Manage event communications, collaborate with colleagues to ensure communications are aligned with clients’ needs, including marketing activities, design, and communication channels including online platforms and websites, email campaigns and social media content as well as printing matter and other marketing materials and tasks.
- Set up and monitor revenues and expenses in the meeting budgets by tracking estimates vs actuals and reports, review various vendor invoices for accuracy and ensure payment.
- Manage and coordinate onsite operations related to the scientific/educational programs such as communication with faculty and speaker ready room.
- Manage post-meeting activities related to the scientific and education program, such as faculty expense forms, evaluation, CME compliance, appreciation letters to faculty, final reporting to leadership, and more.
What you bring to us…
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in planning and organizing educational content for scientific (CME) meeting (healthcare industry strongly preferred).
- You have extensive knowledge of CME requirements, including ACCME standards and essential areas.
- You have strong multi-tasking and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- You have a high level of professionalism, excellent organizational skills and are detail oriented.
- You are creative, innovative, resourceful, and you have a get-it-done mentality.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You have the ability to self-start as well as work as part of a team.
- You are flexible, dependable, able, and willing to travel both domestic and international, and willing to attend committee calls in evenings or weekends.
- You have experience with setting up/administering webinars and/or virtual event platforms.
- You are proficient with Microsoft 365 and have experience with (cloud-based) association and event management systems.
- You preferably have experience with Content Management Systems (Joomla or WordPress).
In return, we offer you…
Freedom to grow, a friendly and open working environment, a caring and diverse international culture, and other benefits supporting a happier and healthier you which include Health Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, PTO, 401k and a vitality budget.
Status Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Yes, we are looking for you!
Don’t hesitate any longer and come on board! Send us an email with your motivation letter indicating why you are the ideal candidate for this position and don’t forget to include your CV. Address your application to Jose Benitez and send it -or any query you may have- to firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, you will always get a speedy reply from us and if you’re shortlisted then we will further contact you during the selection process as well.