Event Project Coordinator
Job title: Event Project Coordinator
Starting Date: November 2023
Salary Range: $35,000-55,000
Hours per week: 40 (Full-time position)
Location: Burnsville, MN, USA
Who we are…
We make global connections for a healthier world! We are Status Plus, an international Association Management Company (AMC) with offices in the US and Europe. Since 1992, we have been focusing on providing high-end management services to professional non-profit medical and health care organizations. We have a proven track record of organizing numerous successful scientific and educational meetings, events, conferences, and symposia around the globe, both in-person as well as virtually.
Together with our clients we are committed to improve access to affordable and high-quality health care around the world. We do that by facilitating and supporting professional networks of health care experts around the globe who are focused on exchanging knowledge, skills and expertise in a variety of health care disciplines. Our impeccable ethics combined with our high level of diverse expertise allow us to meet all our clients’ needs and ensure that their success will always be our primary objective.
We are looking for diverse, talented team members who want to join us in our mission and want to contribute their unique qualities to help shape the future.
You are a detail-oriented Event Project Coordinator and a real team player with excellent organization, planning and communication skills. You enjoy working on a variety of different projects in an international environment and you strive to provide excellence in service and support to several of our association clients and their leaders, committees, and members. In this highly visible position, you operate under the supervision of experienced Association and Event Managers while working directly with project and program committees to support the development and implementation of their projects and events. You are responsible for coordinating project and event related tasks and communications, both online/virtual as well as offline, and you contribute to a variety of planning aspects including (but not limited to) logistical support, supplier coordination, scientific program development, faculty invitations, mobile & online platform management, communications, and onsite coordination.
What you’ll do
- Implement and coordinate project plans to ensure that deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Coordinate, monitor and support live events working with staff and suppliers, including the venue and vendor contacts on facility specs, food & beverage orders, audiovisual requirements and internet/electricity orders, furniture, security, etc.
- Coordinate, monitor and support virtual events working with staff and suppliers, including the online platform supplier for technical set up and requirements regarding presentations (incl. Q&A’s), virtual exhibits and networking facilities.
- Coordinate event marketing communications: work with graphic design and marketing leads to support meeting planners in the creation of all event materials and communications.
- Coordinate registration procedures and work with the online registration system to verify registrations and process changes in records where needed.
- Coordinate the abstract submission process: assist in setting up the submission site, the “Call for Abstracts”, monitor submissions, generate, and distribute reports from system, coordinate author communications and support finalization process.
- Monitor hotel room pick-up reports and room blocks, coordinate hotel reservations for invited guests (VIP amenities and complimentary rooms) and ensure attendees can book hotel rooms directly at the hotel and/or through using online hotel reservation systems.
- Serve as a liaison to the (Scientific) Program Committee: confirm speakers and moderators and arrange speakers’ presentation requirements.
- Travel to and coordinate on-site operations of assigned events, assist event manager in overseeing registration, temporary personnel, food and beverage, audio visual, decorator and freight management, signage placement, and client requests.
- Provide guidance and support both to staff, faculty, attendees, and stakeholders/exhibitors during live broadcasting days of virtual/online activities.
General & Project Coordination
- Provide project coordination & administrative assistance to association leaders, committees, and members as well as to management and staff.
- Serve as primary liaison for assigned association committees, attend committee/project meetings (in person or remotely), take meeting minutes and set up action lists.
- Coordinate tasks and support project development processes in committees.
- Develop specific project tasks, timelines and define resources and milestones.
- Assist with implementation of project plans and coordinate execution of such plans.
- Efficiently track, coordinate, and communicate evolving project timelines.
- Effectively communicate with team and clients including committee chairs/members and other stakeholders
- Support clients, management and/or project teams with travel and logistics management.
- Support development of project reports and briefings.
This job description is not exhaustive. You will be expected to carry out additional duties and tasks as assigned.
What you’ll bring to us
- You have at least 2 years of relevant professional experience in event project coordination, preferably in planning and organizing educational content for scientific (CME) meetings in the healthcare industry.
- You have a relevant degree in Event Management or a related field or equivalent experience.
- You have excellent organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- You have strong multi-tasking and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while managing different projects, timelines and needs.
- You are creative, innovative, resourceful, and you have a get-it-done mentality.
- You have excellent verbal and written professional communication skills in English (native or proficient), additional languages preferred.
- You have the ability to self-start as well as work as part of a team.
- You are flexible, dependable, able, and willing to travel both domestic and international, and willing to attend committee calls in evenings or weekends.
- You have strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft 365, affinity with CMS and other cloud-based applications (SAAS), and preferably have experience with event management systems.
- You are efficient and quick, with a strong attention to detail.
Our offer to you
By joining our team, you’ll become a part of our mission to create a healthier world and will have the ability to make a true impact. You’ll get the chance to rapidly learn, progress and develop your skills in a unique, friendly, and open international working environment. We offer the opportunity for growth, a friendly and open working environment, a caring and diverse international culture, and other benefits supporting a happier and healthier you which include Health Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, PTO, 401k and a vitality budget.
Status Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Don’t hesitate any longer! Send us an email with your motivation letter indicating why you are the ideal candidate for this position and don’t forget to include your CV. Address your application to Jose Benitez and send it -or any query you may have- to email@example.com. Of course, you will always get a speedy reply from us and if you’re shortlisted then we will further contact you during the selection process as well.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.