Event Project Manager
Job title: Event Project Manager
Starting Date: November 2023
Salary Range: $50,000-75,000
Hours per week: 40 (Full-time position)
Location: Burnsville, MN, USA
Who we are
We make global connections for a healthier world! We are Status Plus, an international Association Management Company (AMC) with offices in the US and Europe. Since 1992, we have been focusing on providing high-end management services to professional non-profit medical and health care organizations. We have a proven track record of organizing numerous successful scientific and educational meetings, events, conferences, and symposia around the globe, both in-person as well as virtually.
Together with our clients we are committed to improve access to affordable and high-quality health care around the world. We do that by facilitating and supporting professional networks of health care experts around the globe who are focused on exchanging knowledge, skills and expertise in a variety of health care disciplines. Our impeccable ethics combined with our high level of diverse expertise allow us to meet all our clients’ needs and ensure that their success will always be our primary objective.
We are looking for diverse, talented team members who want to join us in our mission and want to contribute their unique qualities to help shape the future.
As the Event Project Manager, you are a highly innovative, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented business professional with a strong background in project & event management and have a proven experience in managing scientific and/or educational (CME) programs, both in-person as well as virtually, for professional non-profit medical and health care organizations.
You are responsible for the oversight, development, and organization of scientific and education programming of our clients’ meetings while ensuring adherence to accreditation requirements and standards. Your many tasks include but are not limited to managing the logistics related to the destination, venue, AV, F&B, exhibits, social events, and all related suppliers, as well as program development & scientific committee support which includes speaker management and communication with the faculty, abstract and workshop management, mobile & (virtual) platform management, CME regulations and content/documents, onsite program management and post-event activities.
In this position you will work directly with our clients’ program leaders, committees, and members on creating a great experience for all attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, and other stakeholders, while ensuring a successful outcome for association client’s expectations together with the executive directors, association managers and supporting team members.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute detailed master project plans outlining responsibilities and deadlines for delivering the programs/events, including participating in the internal kick-off and follow up meetings.
- Support destination research, develop RFPs for venues and 3rd party suppliers, connect, negotiate and contract venues, hotels and auxiliary services.
- Develop, manage and support program project management by managing logistics and timelines related to the destination, venue, AV, F&B, sponsors and exhibits, hotels, transportation, social events, and other suppliers and partners.
- Manage different aspects of remote access to live meetings and/or manage virtual meetings working with colleagues and vendors, including the virtual platform supplier for technical set up requirements regarding delivering a high quality scientific and education program.
- Assist with the development and execution of a detailed communications plan, ensuring that the program/event is clearly communicated in the various marketing deliverables ensuring maximum exposure of the program, and supporting marketing and promotional activities as needed.
- Serve as liaison to the Scientific/Meeting and/or Education Program Committee and provide support with development of the Scientific Program. Manage Faculty, secure commitments of speakers and moderators, and facilitate communications to ensure all speaker and moderator information is collected and followed up upon including requirements for technical/AV support
- Manage the abstract submission process and submission site. Develop “Call for Abstracts”, monitor submissions, ensure accurate reports are timely delivered to committee leaders, manage author communications and support committee with managing the review and finalization process.
- Manage the CME process: collect and submit all required information to CME office to obtain approval for offering CEU’s to attendees of our meetings and ensure compliance with CME regulations.
- Manage and support the preparation of key program documents, such as onsite scripts, timelines, function sheets, key communications such as confirmation and welcome letters, itineraries, sponsorship brochures, etc.
- Creation, management and reconciliation of budgets, assuming responsibility for achieving desired financial result, support final accounting of project revenues and expenses.
- Supervise and train project coordinators and assistants, onsite staff, and event contractors.
- Support other Event/Project Managers by sharing knowledge/experiences internally
- Maintain up-to-date documentation and user manuals, and collaborate with colleagues on developing new guidance documents and templates.
- Onsite event management: oversee all venue operations and coordinate with suppliers.
- Onsite program management: manage & coordinate scientific/educational programs in collaboration with event chair, liaise with faculty and supervise onsite speaker handling.
- Manage all onsite operations related to the venue, suppliers, scientific/educational programs such as communication with faculty and speaker ready room.
- Manage post-meeting activities related to the scientific and education program, such as faculty expense forms, evaluation, CME compliance, appreciation letters to faculty, final reporting to leadership, and more.
What you’ll bring to us
- You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in event project management, preferably in planning and organizing educational content for scientific (CME) meetings in the healthcare industry.
- You have a degree or diploma in Event Management or a related field or equivalent experience.
- You have excellent organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- You have strong multi-tasking and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while managing different projects, timelines and needs.
- You are creative, innovative, resourceful, and you have a get-it-done mentality.
- You have excellent verbal and written professional communication skills in English (native or proficient), additional languages preferred.
- You have the ability to self-start as well as work as part of a team.
- You are flexible, dependable, able, and willing to travel both domestic and international, and willing to attend committee calls in evenings or weekends.
- You have strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft 365, affinity with CMS and other cloud-based applications (SAAS), and preferably have experience with event management systems.
- You are efficient and quick, with a strong attention to detail.
Our offer to you
By joining our team, you’ll become a part of our mission to create a healthier world and will have the ability to make a true impact. You’ll get the chance to rapidly learn, progress and develop your skills in a unique, friendly, and open international working environment. We offer the opportunity for growth, a friendly and open working environment, a caring and diverse international culture, and other benefits supporting a happier and healthier you which include Health Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, PTO, 401k and a vitality budget.
Status Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Come on Board!
Don’t hesitate any longer! Send us an email with your motivation letter indicating why you are the ideal candidate for this position and don’t forget to include your CV. Address your application to Jose Benitez and send it -or any query you may have- to email@example.com. Of course, you will always get a speedy reply from us and if you’re shortlisted then we will further contact you during the selection process as well.