Job title: Finance Manager
Starting Date: November 2023
Salary range: $70,000 – $90,000 annually
Hours per week: 40 (5 days/week, Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
Location: Burnsville, MN
Who we are:
We make global connections for a healthier world! We are Status Plus, an international Association Management Company (AMC) with offices in the US and Europe. Since 1992, we have been focusing on providing high-end management services to professional non-profit medical and health care organizations. We have a proven track record of organizing numerous successful scientific and educational meetings, events, conferences, and symposia around the globe, both in-person as well as virtually.
Together with our clients we are committed to improving access to affordable and high-quality health care around the world. We do that by facilitating and supporting professional networks of health care experts around the globe who are focused on exchanging knowledge, skills, and expertise in a variety of health care disciplines. Our impeccable ethics combined with our high level of diverse expertise allow us to meet all our clients’ needs and ensure that their success will always be our primary objective.
As the Finance Manager, you support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with the general accounting processes, manage the diverse revenue streams and expenses, and assist in preparation of all financial reporting, forecasts and budgets both for the corporation as well as for the non-profit clients.
Financial Management for Non-Profit Clients
- Maintain an understanding of the various non-profit clients’ goals and operations to optimize financial services.
- Maintain the charts of accounts, ensuring the adequacy of accounting practices, handling of funds, internal controls, and reporting.
- Assist with banking requirements and account reconciliations.
- Reconcile and review general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries.
- Organization and management of the periodic financial close processes including oversight of the general ledger accounting.
- Assist the CFO in preparing financial reports and analyses on a periodic and annual basis and providing periodic financial (management) reports.
- Assists the CFO and management in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Support the CFO with annual external reviews and/or audit by carrying out various audit control tasks
- Oversee preparation of IRS and state tax returns by CPA firm.
- Provides financial analysis and projections as requested.
- Update the association’s financial policies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Financial Management for Status Plus LLC
- Supports the client and project teams with preparing billings for clients/projects to ensure all costs are billed in a timely manner, and support ensuring timely collection of client invoices.
- Managing, processing, and checking outgoing and incoming invoices and transactions.
- Providing general support to the COO and the CFO.
- Maintain a good relationship with colleagues and clients in both the Netherlands and the USA.
- Manage, maintain, and oversee payroll and pension deposits and administer financial employee benefits.
- Responding to and following up on financial/administrative queries from the team and externally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field (MBA or other relevant certifications would be a plus).
- 3+ years of business finance or relevant non-profit finance experience.
- An understanding of (or strong affinity with) the medical/health care sector is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Understanding of non-profit Accounting and FASB preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks online or similar accounting systems.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and/or similar financial software.
- Excellent analytical and data visualization skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, in a fast-paced environment.
- Team-oriented, flexible, professional, and enjoys new challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What we offer:
A competitive salary, opportunity for growth, a friendly and open working environment, a caring and diverse international culture, and many benefits supporting a happier and healthier you which include Health Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, PTO, 401k and a vitality budget.
Status Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Yes, we are looking for you!
Don’t hesitate any longer and come on board! Send us an email with your motivation letter indicating why you are the ideal candidate for this position and don’t forget to include your CV. Address your application to Tessa Benitez/Emiel Both and send it -or any query you may have- to firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, you will always get a speedy reply from us and if you’re shortlisted then we will further contact you during the selection process as well.