Job title: Meeting Planner
Starting Date: December 2021
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000 annually
Hours per week: 40 – 5 days/week, regular office hours Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm CT
Location: Burnsville, MN, USA
Who we are…
We make global connections for a healthier world! We are Status Plus, an international Association Management Company (AMC) with offices in the US and Europe. Since 1992, we have been focusing on providing high-end management services to professional non-profit medical and health care organizations. We have a proven track record of organizing numerous successful scientific and educational meetings, events, conferences, and symposia around the globe, both in-person as well as virtually.
Together with our clients we are committed to improve access to affordable and high-quality health care around the world. We do that by facilitating and supporting professional networks of health care experts around the globe who are focused on exchanging knowledge, skills and expertise in a variety of health care disciplines. Our impeccable ethics combined with our high level of diverse expertise allow us to meet all our clients’ needs and ensure that their success will always be our primary objective.
We are looking for diverse, talented team members who want to join us in our mission and want to contribute their unique qualities to help shape the future.
You are an innovative, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented meeting planner with a strong background in meeting management and proven experience in managing scientific (CME) meetings, both in-person as well as virtually, for professional non-profit medical and health care organizations.
You are responsible for overseeing every logistical facet and details of our clients’ scientific meetings and related educational programs. Tasks include, but are not limited to, general logistics, venue contracting and management, third party vendors contracting and management, mobile & virtual platform management, communication management and onsite management, supervision and coordination.
In this position you will work directly with the Scientific and Education Program Manager, Association Manager and our clients’ leaders, committees and members on creating a great experience for all attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, and other stakeholders, while ensuring a successful outcome for our association clients’ expectations.
What you’ll do…
- Develop and execute a detailed master project plan outlining responsibilities and deadlines for delivering different size scientific meetings and other educational programs, including hosting the internal kick-off and follow up meetings.
- Develop and execute a detailed communications plan for every event outlining responsibilities and deadlines for developing the various marketing deliverables and ensuring maximum exposure.
- Develop RfPs, approach vendors and collect proposal, manage vendor selection process, create proposal comparisons and negotiate contracts for various services/venues to include hotel, audio visual, catering, exhibition company, etc. This includes the search for future venues/sites, arrange site inspection and prepare summary for association client’s leadership.
- Manage all aspects of live/in-person meetings working with colleagues and suppliers, including the venue and third-party vendors on all logistics for the meeting including (but not limited to) room assignments and set-up, F&B, AV, internet and electrical orders, furniture, security, flowers, photography, signage, attendee bags, lanyards, ribbons, etc.
- Manage all aspects of virtual (components of live) meetings working with colleagues and vendors, including the virtual platform supplier for technical set up requirements regarding presentations (incl. Q&A), virtual exhibition and networking options.
- Manage and supervise the (online) registration framework. Establish and/or collect all information related to registration categories, fees and deadlines and work with support staff on preparing online registration system and monitor handling.
- Negotiate housing, handle and manage hotel contracting/room blocks, ensure set up of and integration of hotel reservation system either by enabling attendees to book hotel rooms directly at hotel or through 3rd party vendors, manage VIP amenities and complimentary rooms, and monitor hotel room pick-up reports and making adjustments to alleviate potential liabilities.
- With the support of the Association Manager and/or Executive Director, set up the Invitation to Corporate Sponsors and Exhibitors. Timely follow up to potential sponsor inquiries, support contracting, manage sponsorship deliverables to ensure appropriate fulfilment, manage exhibition and booths, develop sponsorship manual, floor plan and collaborate with venue and Exhibition Company to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Manage event communications, collaborate with colleagues to ensure communications are aligned with clients’ needs, including marketing activities, design, and communication channels including online platforms and websites, email campaigns and social media content as well as printing matter and other marketing materials and tasks.
- Set up and monitor all revenues and expenses in the budget by tracking estimates vs actuals and reports, review various vendor invoices for accuracy and ensure payment.
- Manage and coordinate onsite operations, virtually or in-person, including (but not limited to) onsite staffing, F&B, AV, exhibition, signage, social events, and any last-minute requests.
- Manage post-event activities, including internal and external evaluations, appreciation letters to leaders, VIPs, attendees and stakeholders, finalization of budget (final accounts), final reporting (full event report) to leadership.
What you bring to us…
- You have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field, CPM preferred.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in scientific (CME) meeting management (healthcare industry strongly preferred).
- You have experience (or interest) in working for medical non-profit associations (preferred).
- You have strong multi-tasking and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- You have a high level of professionalism, excellent organizational skills and are detail-oriented.
- You are creative, innovative, resourceful, and you have a get-it-done mentality.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You have the ability to self-start as well as work as part of a team.
- You are flexible, dependable, able, and willing to travel both domestic and international
- You are willing to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends.
- You have experience with setting up/administering webinars and/or virtual event platforms.
- You are proficient with Microsoft 365 and have experience with (cloud-based) association and event management systems.
- You preferably have experience with Content Management Systems (Joomla or WordPress).
In return, we offer you…
Freedom to grow, a friendly and open working environment, a caring and diverse international culture, and other benefits supporting a happier and healthier you which include Health Insurance, Dental, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, PTO, 401k and a vitality budget.
Status Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Yes, we are looking for you!
Don’t hesitate any longer and come on board! Send us an email with your motivation letter indicating why you are the ideal candidate for this position and don’t forget to include your CV. Address your application to Jose Benitez and send it -or any query you may have- to email@example.com. Of course, you will always get a speedy reply from us and if you’re shortlisted then we will further contact you during the selection process as well.